Alas! A chicken-broth tasting soup without the chicken! How so you ask? Well, we found a delicious tasting vegetarian no-chicken broth to make our white bean soup with thyme! For this photo shoot we used Imagine Brand organic veggie (no tomato – no chicken) broth. Yum!
We’ll just get to the point~
32 oz. container vegetarian no-chicken broth
1 can cannellini beans
1 large onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp. fresh thyme
½ tsp. lemon zest
½ tsp. red-pepper flakes
- Sauté onions in 2 tbsp. olive oil until translucent (for those seeking oil free, sauté onions in ¼ cup broth)
- Add garlic. Be sure not to burn.
- Add in fresh thyme
- Top with cannellini beans to flavor the beans.
- Add red-pepper flakes
- Pour in container of broth. Bring to a slight boil and turn heat off and cover.
- Let cool and add lemon zest
Salt to taste. For a thicker soup use an immersion blender. For a thick stew blend the soup in your blender! Enjoy!
For more recipes check out our Blog!
Love this? Share it!