Looking for a great way to consume plant based calcium? We’ve got a delicious dish just for you! Try our collard wraps with a side of spicy almond sauce.
What you’ll need~
high speed blender (NutriBullet works great)
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp. celtic sea salt
1/2 head Savoy cabbage thinly sliced or send through a food processor for fine shreds
Collard leaves cut in two and stems discarded.
1 bag of shredded matchstick carrots (use 1-2 cups)
1 jicama, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 c. chopped cilantro
1/2 c. chopped basil
1/4 cup. finely chopped mint
Spicy Thai Almond Sauce:
1/4 cup maple syrup or other sweetener like Yacon syrup
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup water to thin the sauce
2 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp. chopped red chili w/ seeds (seeds will create ‘heat’)
1 1/2 tbsp. Nama Shoyu or some form of preferred soy sauce
3/4 cup almond butter
- In small bowl mix together the chopped pecans, sesame oil and sea salt. Set aside.
- In blender combine all ingredients for the Spicy Thai Sauce and mix well till smooth. Set aside.
- Mix in a bowl the shredded cabbage, carrots, jicama, and mix in 1/2 cup almond sauce.
- In a separate bowl mix together the herbs, blending well.
- Clean and dry collard wraps and remove bottom and middle stems with knife. Cut in two pieces. Place one half of collard warp on cutting board. Place a small amount of pecan mixture on top of the collard green then next layer the Savoy cabbage, carrot, jicama, cilantro, basil and mint. Roll like a wrap. Continue with remaining wraps and pieces.
- Serve immediately with remaining almond sauce for dipping.
Love this? Share it!