Ten reasons to juice wheatgrass if you don’t know already!
Check out all these benefits! Where else can you find a food as amazing as this? Read on…
1. One of the richest sources of Vitamin A and C.
2. A storehouse of natural vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll, enzymes and life energy. Nourishes all cells of the body while cleansing them of toxins.
3. 15 pounds of wheatgrass is equal in protein and overall nutritional value to 350 pounds of ordinary garden vegetables.
4. The chlorophyll found in wheatgrass is almost identical to blood (hemoglobin) on a molecular level. Chloropyll increases the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus and the lungs. It also increases the hemoglobin count in the blood. It stimulates and regenerates the liver—the main organ of detoxification.
5. The enzymes and amino acids in young grass plants deactivate the carcinogenic and mutagenic effects of 3,4 benzpyrene, a substance found in smoked fish and charcoal-broiled meats.
6. Neutralizes the toxicity of various nitrogen compounds found in automobile exhaust.
7. The enzymes superoxide dismutase (SOD), protease, amylase and catalase in wheatgrass strengthen the body’s defenses against free radicals.
8. Wheatgrass also contains amino acid chains (polypeptides) and bioflavonoids (compounds related to vitamins) that also help cleanse the blood and other tissues. The amino acids are absorbed directly into the blood. Flavonoids act to detoxify cells and prevent cell deterioration.
9. Wheatgrass juice contains liquid oxygen. Oxygen is responsible for the stimulation of digestion, clearer thinking, and a defense against bacteria in the blood. Cancer cells cannot exist in the presence of oxygen.
10. The choline, magnesium and potassium in wheatgrass help the liver stay vital and healthy.
Love this? Share it!