Looking for a dairy free soup but want to keep the creaminess? Look no further than our dairy free creamy broccoli leek soup!
This soup packs in the nutrition of cruciferous greens (cancer fighting) with broccoli, with immune-boosting zinc and savory creaminess from cashews. Lemon zest and chives amp up the flavor for a flavorful soup – you won’t miss the dairy one bit!
Recipe by Laura A. Bushey, MAT, Certified Health Educator and Personal Holistic Chef with Kitchen of Life. For more about Laura click here.
Creamy Broccoli Leek Soup - Dairy Free!
61 1/2 cup (12 oz) servings
- Cut dark green leaves of leeks. Keep white and light green part only. Slice down center and rinse inner leaves.
- Chop garlic and set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp. olive oil in pan and sautè leeks approximately 3-4 minutes until translucent. Do not burn.
- Add in garlic and sautè 1-2 more minutes.
- Add broccoli and toss with the leeks and oil to coat.
- Pour in 48 oz. of vegetable broth. Turn to high to bring to a slight boil then lower to simmer. Do not cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then turn heat off.
- Let soup cool slightly.
- Add soup to blender and fill 2/3 way full. Turn on high and pour into serving bowl. Add another batch if necessary and blend.
- Ladle into serving size bowls. Garnish with lemon zest and chives.